1. How do I Get a Library Card?
2. How do I know what my PIN number is?
3. How can I find something in the online catalog?
4. How can I find a dvd or a cd in the online catalog?
5. How can I check my account?
6. How can I renew items online?
7. How can I request items online?
8. How can I support the library?
9. How can I find out about events going on at the library?
10. When is the Roberta Balfus Bookstore open?
11. How do I do research online through the library?
12. How do I download audiobooks and ebooks?
13. How do I get book recommendations emailed to me?
14. How do I reserve a Museum Pass?
15. Can I pay my library fees using a credit card?
1. Q: How do I get a library card?
A: Simply come in, bring a photo id/driver's license and proof of address for identification!
2. Q: How do I know what my PIN number is?
A: Your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you need to reset your PIN...
From our homepage, click on 'My Library Account."
Click on the link on the left that says, "Forgot Your PIN"
Put your full name in the first box and your barcode in the second box
Instructions for changing your PIN will then be emailed to the email address that they have on file for you. (this happens within minutes).
It is a pop-up window, so if you have a pop-up blocker on your computer, this will not work. Alternately, we can reset your PIN for you. If you are still having a problem, please call the Circulation Desk at 621-2240, ext. 230.
3. Q: How can I find something in the online catalog?
A: There are 3 boxes (think of them as choices) in our online catalog. The first choice is whether to search by author, title, or keyword. Use the drop-down menu to select your choice. The second box is where you enter the information you know. You can put a full title, the author (last name first), or some combination of both. (Omit common words, like "the") The third box is where you can choose to search Bryant Library's holdings or see what is in the entire Nassau Library System. Remember that you can borrow from any Nassau Library and even beyond, using our interloan system!
4. Q: How can I find a dvd or a cd in the online catalog?
A: Do a "keyword" or "simple boolean" search. Put in the information you know, then add the word "video," "dvd," or "audio." The results that you receive should all be in the correct format.
5. Q: How can I check my account?
A: From our website, you would click on the first link across the top of the page, entitled "My Library Account." If you're in our online catalog, simply click on "My Account," below the search boxes. Enter your name (as it appears on your library card), your full barcode (all 14 digits), and then your PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number). This will log you into your record. You'll be able to see the items that you currently have checked out, what you have on hold, and your reading history. If you click on "Items Currently Checked Out," you'll be able to renew them online!
6. Q: How can I renew items online?
A: Once in your library account, you can click on "Items Currently Checked Out," and you'll be able to renew them online!
7. Q: How can I request items online?
A: Once you're logged in to the catalog, you can search for the item you'd like to request. When you locate it, click on the "request" button to the right of the entry. When you hit "submit," you should get a message that says that your request for that item was successful.
8. Q: How can I support the library?
A: You can support the library by visiting us often (online and in person), attending our programs, checking out lots of materials, asking Reference questions and by joining the Friends of the Bryant Library!
9. Q: How can I find out about events going on at the library?
A: If you live in Roslyn, you should be receiving our newsletter in the mail. You can also go to our Web site and click on Calendar of Events.
10. Q: When is the Roberta Balfus Bookstore open?
Tuesday 11:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Wednesday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Friday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
For information about volunteering at the Book Store or making donations, please call Andrew Roth at 621-4223.
11. Q: How do I do research online through the Library?
A: Use our Databases to get authoritative, verifiable, information.
12. Q: How do I download audiobooks and ebooks?
A: We provide easy to follow instructions for downloading audiobooks and ebooks, using Nassau Digital Doorway. Click on Downloadable Media, Nassau Digital Doorway, then on 'My Help.' If you need further instructions, please call or visit the Reference Desk at 621-2240.
14. Q: How do I reserve a Museum Pass?
A: See our Museum Pass page for specific instructions on reserving passes.
15. Q: Can I pay my library fees using a credit card?
A: Of course! If your fees total over $5.00, you can use a credit card to pay. Simply log into your account through our catalog and follow the prompts from there.