FALL HOURS 2014!
Tuesday - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Friends of Bryant Library invite you to visit our Book Store on the main floor of the Valentine House opposite the library on Paper Mill Road in Roslyn.
This is a chance to recycle your books and help your library.
Come and check out our brand new and gently used titles for readers of all ages and interests. The Bookstore is operated as a fund-raiser, helping to provide programs and equipment enhancing your use of the Library.
You'll find new and gently used books, priced to sell for:
- History & Mystery Buffs
- Travelers & Art Lovers
- Cooks & Gardeners
- Fiction & Biography Readers
- PLUS...DVDs, CDs & Framed Art Posters
To donate books to the bookstore, please call Andrew Roth at 621-4223 to make an appointment or for more information.
Paperbacks and hardcovers in good condition are welcome and tax deductible as all proceeds benefit the library. (Sorry, we cannot accept textbooks or encyclopedias.) Appointments are always needed to make donations.
For information about volunteering at the Book Store or making donations, please call Andrew Roth at 516-621-4223.
Other Organizations that Accept Donations:
- United War Veterans Council, 888-821-8982 (takes books and magazines)
- Arrandale Senior Citizen Residence, 700 Middle Neck Rd., Great Neck, 516 482-2727 (small donations)
- North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Dr., Manhasset, 516 829-9666
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island, 631-234-0000
- LUPUS Founcation of America, 1-888-44-LUPUS or online at www. lupuspickup.org
- Vietnam Veterans of America Household Donations Program, 631-582-0242
- Boxed book donations of paperbacks, bestsellers and children's books can be dropped off at the Nassau Library System, 900 Jerusalem Avenue, Uniondale, 516-292-8920
- Nassau County Department of Social Services, 60 Lindbergh Blvd., Uniondale, 516-227-7414
- Children for Children (www.childrenforchildren.org) (children's books for NYC classrooms)
- Books for Kids (www.booksforkidsfoundation.org)
- NYC Stuff Exchange (nyc.gov/html/stuffex)
- Books for troops deployed overseas (www.booksforsoldiers.com)
- All Saints Church Thrift Shop, 855 Middle Neck Rd., Great Neck, 516-482-5392 (small donations)
- Saint Francis Hospital (call the volunteer office)
Big Brothers Big Sisters, LUPUS and Vietnam Veterans will pick up boxed book donations.